The Surelock McGill Fail Safe & Secure multi-point locking system provides access control for both entry and exit in normal power-mode, and the capability for an audit trail, both in and out of secure environments.
Should the power supply fail, this dual solenoid lock provides a fail secure mode, maintaining the security on the outside, while from the inside the fail-safe mode allows free exit via a single-handed means of escape lever handle.
Surelock McGill said: “The Slimline option code (R9) provides the ‘Fail Safe & Secure’ feature, and eliminates the complexity of a mix of non-compatible products seeking to solve a serious operational requirement and meet the needs of corporate responsibilities.”
Functions of the system include:
• Power mode – controls movement into and out of a secure area.
• Loss of power mode – secure key entry with life-safety emergency exit.
• 15 mm x 25 mm throw stainless steel bolts securing on three places automatically upon door closure.
• Dual deadlock status monitoring as standard.
• Surface-mounted or mortice fitting available to cater for individual environments.
The BS EN 179-compliant single-action lever handle emergency exit can be linked to operate during emergencies, or fire alarm situations. Other certifications include:
• An LPS 1175 SR2-SR6 physical security rating on specific doorsets.
• BSEN 1522/23 & FB1-7 & FSG ballistic rating.
• BS476 PT22 & EN1634 & UL10C fire rating.
More about Surelock McGill Ltd